When I first came to Shenzhen in 2011 the popular slogan caught my attention: "You are a Shenzhener as soon as you get here". Frankly, as much as I wanted to make this new place my home, for years I still felt like an outsider. I had a family, friends, and acquaintances, but no sense of belonging.
Please note that SLIS will be holding our Entrance Assessment on Saturday, March 2nd. Please make sure that your application and documents required in the checklist is submitted by Wednesday, February 20th.
Step 1: Apply Online
- All applications to SLIS must be submitted through OpenApply online application form: slis.openapply.cn. We do not accept paper applications.
- Please check that you have prepared and submitted all the required forms and documents in the Checklist:
- Admissions Application Form
- Health Information Form
- Family Statement
- Previous School Report/Record
- Reference Letter from Current Teacher
Step 2: Application Review
- Upon receiving the application, our Admissions officer will review the application in accordance with SLIS admissions policy.
- Further communication will be made by our Admissions officer directly to the applicant should there be problem with the application.
Step 3: Entrance Assessment
- After completing the above steps, candidates may be invited to the admissions assessment. An invitation letter, specifying details of the Assessment Day via OpenApply system, Email and SMS will be send to those candidates at least two weeks before the assessment day.
- The date of the assessment will be announced by the end of October at the beginning of the Admissions cycle.
Step 4: Admissions Decisions
- Decisions will be communicated with the applicant (family) within 2 weeks after the assessment through OpenApply system and Email.
- Please note that the admissions assessment material is private; parents will not be entitled to the original or a copy.
Step 5: Enrolment
- Once admission has been offered and communicated, the family has a limited period, specified by SLIS, in which to accept it. Certain fees will be required at the time of acceptance to the school. Further details will be explained in the acceptance package.